Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Theory of Planned Behavior in Saving Behavior

International Journal of Financial Research Vol. 9 No. 2; 2018
Applying the Theory of Planned Behaviour (TPB) in Saving Behaviour of Pomak Households
Nikolaos Satsios & Spyros Hadjidakis
Online Published: March 16, 2018

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323803513_Applying_the_Theory_of_Planned_Behaviour_TPB_in_Saving_Behaviour_of_Pomak_Households


Measurement of constructs and their items:

1. Attitude towards saving:
- paying debts
- retirement
- education / love / family
- future uncertainties / emergency / safety

2. Subjective norms:
- I make financial contributions to my religious organization
- I spend time trying to grow in understanding of my faith
- Religion is especially important to me because it answers many questions about the meaning of life
- My religious beliefs lie behind my whole approach to life

3. Perceived behavioural control:
- There is really no way I can solve some of the problems I have
- Sometimes I feel that I'm being pushed around in life
- I have little control over the things that happen to me
- I often feel helpless in dealing with the problems of life
- There is little I can do to change many of the important things in my life.

4. Intention towards saving:
- I always try to pick saving schemes that yield high profits
- It is important always to save as much money left at the end of the month
- Saving should be encouraged in today's society

No comments: